Monday, February 28, 2011

Target.

I headed out for my first coupon shopping experience today.  I didn't do too bad.  Nothing like those people who go and buy hundreds of dollars worth of stuff and then only pay sales tax, but I did save some money!  YAY!

I went in to take advantage of the FREE Excedrin (I had coupons for $3.00 and for .75) but unfortunately they were out of the Excedrin.  I guess others beat me to it.  Oh well, the coupons don't expire until the end of March, so I am sure I will get some before they do!

I was able to find some of the other items I was looking for.  Between the in-store markdowns and the coupons that I had, I saved $6.18 on $17 worth of product.  That is a 36% savings on my purchases today!  WOOT! WOOT!  Gotta love that!

Oh, and how could I forget to mention that one of my items was 100% FREE!  YEP!  I bought a 24 count ibuprofen for .99 cents and had a $1.00 coupon!  GO COUPONS!

So, to recap, I spent $24.39 on supplies to get started (see post below), plus another $1 today for a small coupon file for my purse.  My total expenses to get started $25.39 minus my savings today of $6.18, and now I am only in the red $19.21.  And that is after my small little shopping experience at Target.

Tomorrow I may try to pop into our Kroger store and get my shopping card.  I have actually never stepped foot into our Kroger, but I guess it's time I tried!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment